Wednesday

Life Continues

We got some bad news this week (well, last week if we had checked our email...)
The store that was going to carry our things had a change of heart. Long story, not an interesting one, but luckily it didn't sound like she didn't like US or OUR STUFF, just going in a different direction.

Anywho... (incidentally I really kind of hate that word!)

That same day I got an email from another place in Taos (granted the emails were written a few days apart but, again, we're bad email-checkers!) and we happened to be going that way anyway, so we stopped by. She seems interested and has even done some designing, sewing, etc. which is nice. We found out that there are more people in this area that design/sew/etc like we do, which is really nice to hear. So we'll be meeting with her in the next few days/weeks/however long it takes. Exciting!

We have a few more people/places/ideas to try out, we figure we'll try anything just as long as it works. We really need to get another photo shoot going, so if you know somebody who will model/photograph/help, let us know! All the creative genius and beauty we can get! ;)

So we've still been working, this is the picture of a dress I'm working on out of a jersey knit (basically like t-shirt material)... excuse my messy couch and Lucy in the background ;)

 In this particular picture, it's just pinned on. Right now it's mostly done, a few finishing touches need to be done, but it's on its way. The hem will be slanted and there's ruching on that right side (the mannequin's left). When it's done I'll get a picture... I'm due to take pictures of a lot of things!

Anyways, there's the best update I could muster! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that dress! Also, I'll help with the photography anytime:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold that dress :) Post about that later...

    And Sarah, I'd love to be able to do, like, a trade or something? We'll have to talk about it :)

    ReplyDelete