Thursday

Happy Halloween!

...okay, it's not Halloween. But quelle merveille is about to start making (drumroll please) COSTUMES!

It all started with our mom. She texted and asked for imaginative ideas on how to dress for homecoming (to clear this up, mom is not a high schooler. That would be weird. She works at a school who was celebrating homecoming [ahh! flashback!] and the next day was "character day.'). She had mentioned Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz a few times, so I thought, "that couldn't be hard to make real quick!" and googled it:

I'm not gonna lie, I don't remember it looking quite like this. At least, that's not how I pictured her in my head. In any case, I panicked for a few seconds, because let's face it: that's not a sew-in-a-few-hours, no-fittings type of outfit. So, I quit panicking and got to thinking. Without a measurement, I did a lot of guessing (I see my mom a lot!) and decided to go with straps instead of the full-on top, attached to a skirt. I searched my rather extensive array of fabrics and found one that was blue (I didn't have enough checkered fabric to make the skirt). I got started, and low and behold, finished it!
And yes, we are fans of "upcycling." That's a curtain. ANYWAY, she apparently got several compliments and, being the loving mother she is, did a little advertising for us. I just got finished making a poster for her to hang up at her school advertising Halloween costumes. Should be interesting, but we're trying to look at is as eccentric clothing rather than costumes ;)
Yeah, if you know anything about fashion or read magazines ever, that's a Coach ad. Totally ripped them off, but I'm thinking it wont affect their revenues ;) AND FYI: I did this by editing a photo on my iMac with whatever comes on it stock... so if you're a graphic-type, don't hate. Buy me Illustrator instead ;)

So if you're in the market for a rockin' Halloween costume, shoot us an email for a quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment