Monday

Introduction!

Hello! This is Jess, blog-and-business-owner #1 (or 2, if A would prefer...). I thought we'd start off with an introduction of ourselves, so I'll go first and then A will post next.

I am 22, and I've been married 2 1/2 years to the coolest and most understanding guy on the planet (shout out to hubby!). I have loved fashion and sketching and drawing and design and all of that since before I can remember. I live in a tiny ski town in New Mexico- we're talking 500 people-, so it took some dedication to keep loving it all these years- around here, burton and k2 are the height of style (though I do love a good pair of snowboard pants!).

So basically, I was born in Oklahoma, moved to New Mexico at 16, and here I am, six or seven years later. It wasn't the plan to stick around, but I decided that since it doesn't look like the hubby is going anywhere, I'd better make the best of it. Last week, I quit my job in retail and have been sewing and sketching like a madwoman. A, my sister, and I have six or seven finished pieces (maybe more... not sure) and now that neither of us have a "traditional" job, we'll be putting out a piece or two a week, hopefully with a blog post and pictures. We have an etsy, link to come, a twitter, and a facebook, all under the name "quelle merveille."

I know the first post on a blog won't generally convince you to subscribe or anything, but I'm betting you'll want to check back here again ;)

And this is me :) picture by An Amazing Lady :)

-Jess

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you girls I'll be following your blog! One day I'll need your help I would like to set up a blog of my own one day! Hope everything works out for you. . . Maybe you can do a custom wedding dress for me in the future??? :D
    -Samantha W.

    ReplyDelete