Tuesday

BUM BUM BUM!

Intimidating title, right?!

Anyways, you know it's Jessi this time.. how do you know, you ask? Because I always put "anyways."

Anyways ;)

As A said, we went "peddling" in Taos on Saturday, basically to check out which stores might be interested in seeing some of our designs and whatnot. We found several that weren't exactly our style... so we didn't ask them lol. We don't want to sell people things that don't market to their particular audience.

However! We found a few (more than we thought, actually) that were right up our "alley." We only talked to a few because we're shy people - it's true! - but we'll be heading back sometime in the near future to re-peddle. Today I emailed a few of the stores with pictures and whatnot, hoping that they'll LOVE IT and want to see more. And the emails included this address... So store-owners, if you're reading this, THANK YOU for visiting the blog, THANK YOU for reading the email, and THANK YOU for your time :) And also, note my excellent grammar. Thank you again!

So we've been working, since yesterday, on a TOP SECRET design... for a friend ;) Granted, I'm not sure she reads the blog, so it may not matter if I post a picture... but the finished product will make it to the blog eventually. In fact... I should really be working on that right now... hmmm... eh.

As I was rooting through my closet for all the things I've worked on in the past, I found something I'd forgotten all about that I made for A (before she got pregnant. It kind of put a hold on the dress, then I forgot about it lol):
Apologies... the picture was taken with my blackberry... because it's the only thing I can seem to keep track of these days ;) And it doesn't really fit the mannequin, but it's super-cute.
This is the back... haha! This is the part that I forgot the finish. I need to put a zipper in, but I lost my zipper foot and when I bought a new one... well, it doesn't fit. So I'll have to borrow one... Julie! ;)

So I think that's all that has been going on. Boring boring boring.

OH. WAIT. 

NOT!!

We made our first sale today! Thank you, Etsy.com and Samantha! We began listing items, taking photos, and looking into business-marketing, etc. in late January, and now, about a month and a half later, we've made a profit! That's exciting news, folks!  So here's to many more sales and lots of money flowing in to make me a millionaire!

SO kidding. I just want to be able to make a living doing what I love! But I AM super excited, it feels like the beginning. I even took a picture of the screen with my phone (but you can't see that). 

Thanks for reading, for real you guys! Tell your friends! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Are you working on something for the same deadline tomorrow that I am? Hm... what could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and remind me tomorrow, and I'll get you the extra sewing machine feet. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol why yes I am! It's a huge secret! Awwww now I want to see yours!

    ReplyDelete